bernie: Twitch Rc
Twitch RC: RC Car Setup, Tekin RS Tuning
The Must Have app for Tekin RS Users in TC
Specially designed to work with Team Associated TC6
Why Twitch Rc?
I was sick of entering the same information over and over into my phone.... 3.14 * pinion, or was it spur, over spur, or was it pinion... maybe times my internal ratio... only to do it over again for a couple of teeth more or less trying to get the FDR someone else was running...
After finally strapping in that perfect gearing for the car, I'd find that the change in gearing was just enough to fudge my prefect Tekin settings. So Twitch Rc provides the speeds those RPM ranges represent (km/h) given the FDR/Rollout. So when you make a bigger gearing change, take note of the start/end speed values, and then play around with the RPMs to return the start/end speeds to similar values to the previous gearing. Handy when switching motors from 17.5, 13.5, 10.5...
Remembering these values so that when you pull the car out again, you're not pulling the car apart to figure out where you are at. In addition to that, for Tekin RS values (profile, drag, push, boost, start rpm, end rpm, turbo, delay and ramp can be recorded.
Over the holiday I figured I would write a Google Android app to make my life simpler. I showed it to a couple people at my local track, and they said it was better then what they where using (mostly iPhones). I looked into the adding it to the Android Market and here we are...
Check the Twitch Rc Version History for more detailed information on the history.
Twitch Rc Provides the following key features
- FDR and Rollout available all the time,
- +/- pinion/spur to quickly hunting through options (using volume control)
- With the tire diameter and spur set, enter a Rollout or FDR to calculate required pinion.
- If it is not a pinion in your pit box hit the Gear Chart button to see what Spur you'd need to drop in to find that range
Works With Everything!
- Works for anything where the internal ratio is known, and you can measure the tire size.
- On road and Off Road
- Touring Cars
- Pan Cars
- Works with Nitro and Electric
- Works with any scale (1/8th, 1/10th scale, 1/12th, 1/43 scale)
- Default settings for Rubber Tire Super Stock Touring Car TC6.
- Tekin RS optional
- 48 and 64 Pitch
Application tested on:
- Google Developer VM - Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
- Samsung Galaxy S (aka Captive) - Android 2.1, Android 2.2, Android 2.2.1
- Motorola Droid X - Android 2.2
- Your Device Working and not listed? Let Me Know!
Feel free to Submit your ideas on RC Tech.
How to get Twitch RC on your Android Phone or Tablet
The following link, when opened on an Android Phone or Tablet should ask if you want to open using the Browser or Market. Select Market to be taken to the Google Android Market's page for Twitch Rc where you can purchase it for $1 Canadian.
If you are viewing this page on a computer, scan the QR code using the Barcode Scanner application and you will be taken to the Android Market:
The Twitch Rc User Guide has been moved to its own page. It gives a good break down of the features and how to use them. For additional support check the RC Tech Thread for Twitch Rc which might already have the answer to your questions, or post questions/requests/comments//bugs there.
From RC Tech
- tallyrc: QR Code
- toptek PI precision
- Dragonfire - 3 decimal place precision for internal ratio
- M.Abramowicz - TC6 Axlemax/Axlemin values and formula
- ira - TC5/TC6 parts list
- gguertin145 - letting me know its working on Droid X
- tassos for our first 5 star rating, positive comment and device/android information